
So, the month is over and I have to admit that I did not completely follow my budget. I tried my best but there were just days when I threw the budget out the window and had fun and there are always expenses that come out of nowhere. Instead of saving $500 like I planned, I only saved $150 but at least I did save some! Plus this month Justin got an extra paycheck and a check for doing some outside work which we saved all of which is great.
Some of the things that cut into our savings were Justin going to St. George for a wedding and hiking, wedding gift, bachelor party stuff and dinner, Mother's Day gifts, Justin bought a new processor for $100, GAS!, a donation to aid those in Burma, clothes for a family picture and some shoes for Tim and summer clothes for Allison. Man, we sure do have a lot of things to pay for each month!
11 years ago

3 comments:
You are so good! Me...I just get depressed thinking about it. There are SOO many things that come up that frustrate me to spend. Then of course, shopping. I call it retail therapy. Sometimes it gets the best of me...
Congratulations on at least saving some! Good job. It is so hard to do with clearance sales everywhere.
Isn't it amazing how many random things just pop up in your monthly expenses every month? Ours has been medical bills...since we've lived here we have been to the doctor so many times with sick kids. Those dang things are getting the best of us right now. We went shopping for the girls last Saturday, and even though I got some stuff for them they still need more. And that's just something Cole does not understand, is that you can't buy them each 2 shirts and call them good for the whole summer. HELLO! Men!!! Anyways but that's great you did save some money....you need to give us some lessons on saving!
Post a Comment