After writing my last post about struggling with pregnancy, I decided it's time to write a positive post of the things going on my life. I have cut back on sugar and treats (in fact, I don't really have any in my house and when I want one, I can't even have one!) and feeling a bit better. I even stopped taking my Zofran pills and while I feel tired and nauseated some times, I am feeling better digestively ;) I haven't refilled my prescription so I don't even have them around for when I'm feeling weak. Going on day 3 and really not that bad!
As for my parents, I wrote back in August that they were both happy and dating other people. Well, things have changed a bit. My Dad has since stopped seeing Kari and while I'm sure he's sad, I'm not so sure they were the best couple together. It seems both of them struggled with being completely honest with each other and that is a hard way to build a relationship. On the other hand, my Mom is now engaged (as of Nov. 3) to Dennis and they are hopefully going to be married on February 5th in the SLC temple assuming my Mom and Dad's sealing can be canceled by then. If not, my Mom does not want to get married civily, she would rather wait until the sealing is canceled and then just get married once in the temple. I hope and pray that the sealing is canceled so they can go forward with their marriage plans. She will then move down to Wales, UT and live with him and his family and I will hopefully see her sometimes! It will be a 2+ hour commute each way for me to visit them, ahhhh!
I have continued teaching piano and this fall and winter I have had 4 piano students. I will download the pictures and add them to this post soon. We had a Christmas piano recital this past Monday, December 13 and it was fun to hear them play and then I played the duet Sleigh Ride with my step-cousin Shannon which is so fun to play!
We have really enjoyed having Justin around more and getting to do family things with him so often. We really enjoy going swimming with our kids, they just love going and we have such a good time. Also, a few weeks ago I told Justin he should take a half day and we should go to the Festival of Trees and he said yes and we had a fun time!
After our vacation with so much illness, we haven't had anyone sick since! I think we just have a curse when we go on vacations. Justin has the week off of work after Christmas and we will hopefully get to do some fun family things like go see a movie (probably Tangled) with our kids and help my mom get her house packed up and sorted through.
We are really excited for our busy holiday next week where we have things almost every night. On the 21st it is Justin's grandma's birthday and we will go visit her and family. On the 22nd we will go to the McMurray's and watch the Utes play in their bowl game. On the 23rd it is my mom's Martin family party at the JSMB and then walk around the lights at Temple Square. On the 24th we will go visit my Dad and have dinner with him and play some games for Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas we will play with our kids, then go to the McMurray's for breakfast, then visit my Mom and Dennis at her house and then visit my Dad or have him over Christmas afternoon/evening at our home. What a week to look forward to, it will be great!!
Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you are all doing well and feeling happy :)
11 years ago

1 comments:
Hey Janelle! Is your Mom selling her house? That must be crazy to think about her leaving the house you grew up in. I'm so excited for her. I hope she finds her every happiness! I'm so glad you are feeling better, too! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment