Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a bummer.

Well, life is going to change a little for me. My mom started work last Wednesday so I will not be able to go visit her on a regular basis, at least during the day. This makes me sad because I always expected to have my mom around when I raised my children and now this is changing.

When I first moved back to Utah my mom was in school for the first year and very busy. When she finally graduated, I was able to spend a lot of time with her, at least once a week. Then my parents were separated last October and because of the money situation they are currently in, my mom needs to work. Luckily she is able to work for her father's company Martin Doors, but it still stinks that I can't go and visit her whenever I feel like it. It also means that we will not be able to talk as much because she is gone all day. Oh well, I am sure there are several others in this same boat but it still makes me feel a little sad. I don't think it's completely sunk in yet because it hasn't even been a week, but I know it will soon. She is truly my best girl friend and I will miss being able to share so much of my life with her.

My mom and I at Thanksgiving Point last summer for the tulip festival.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I really miss living near my mom. I'm sure you remember how hard it is to be in a different time zone...it never seems like a convenient time to call. Hopefully you'll get to fill in some of the cracks of free time with mom-time.

Andrea Griggs said...

What a sweet post-I'm sure it will be hard not having her available during the day anymore, but it'll be okay. . . for everyone. My Mom worked my whole life, and we are still really close and she is always there for me when I need her-so will your Mom be for you. {hugs}

Andrea Griggs said...

I just re-read what I wrote, it sort of sounded unsympathetic, sorry, I didn't mean for it to . . . . I know this will be hard for you, I can only imagine what it's like to have your Mom suddenly not be available like she has been your whole life. The changes you are all going through are hard and sad. I pray for all of you each day and hope you can all get through this difficult time with "flying colors"! I know it's not the same, not even close to the same, but you're welcome to come hang out with us anytime you want. . . . and we'll try to come hang out with you while Jaxon's off track too (if that's okay with you)! Lots of love,

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I totally understand! My mom started working full time again and I miss her so much! It just hasn't been the same since!

daisy deb said...

love yas nellie!

N Godown said...

Janelle, You are just awesome! I can't say enough good things about you! You are amazing and I know you are going through a lot.
I don't get to talk to my mom very much because she is also working at Martin...and she lives in a different state. I wish we all lived closer and could lean on each other more. I miss you and our families.
Stay positive and keep busy at home with your kids....I feel like I have so much more to say...I should just email you and let it all out!! :) Love ya!