
A few weeks ago I bought some soft Egyptian Cotton sheets for $50 for my king size bed. I was very excited and washed them and they didn't feel as soft so I bought some fabric softener and washed them again and they are still not as soft as when I first felt them in the package. So anyway, I decided to put them on my bed last night and I settled in to watch Twilight. My legs started to feel really warm so I put on cooler PJ's and by the time Justin and I were going to bed, I realized that I was allergic to my sheets! Ahhhhh!
Those who know me really well know that my skin is allergic to certain types of cotton but it has mostly been corduroy and I am somewhat allergic to carpet. These allergies are not severe and I just get red and warm skin with a slight rash while in contact with the material. This was always funny because Justin always wore corduroys to work when we were dating and first married. Sometimes if I left my arm against his leg I would feel the allergy kick in but for the most part it wasn't a problem.
Well, I made Justin get up at 11 PM and change the sheets with me. There was no way I was going to sleep in my bed all night with those sheets. I wish I could return them but once they've been washed I'm probably out of luck! Grrrrrr!
I am always on the hunt for really soft cotton white sheets that I am NOT allergic to! My favorite sheets were also very cheap and after a year they started to get tears and I had to throw them away!
11 years ago

5 comments:
Oh, sad! That is very unfortunate! Sorry.
Where did you buy them? I bought a mop from Walmart once that I used and decided I hated and they let me return it. Now, washed sheets are not as bad as a dirty used mop.
Oh so sad!!
I did buy them at Walmart and I guess I could try but I don't have any of the packaging...hmmm.
I would try it - the packaging for the mop was basically ripped off the mop, but I did bring it with me. . . You would definitely need the receipt though
Post a Comment