Monday, April 13, 2009

I Love to Mow!


Last year when Justin started school and was really busy about half way through the summer, I decided to surprise him and mow the lawn when he came home from work one day. He had shown me a few weeks before how to mow and he just didn't have a lot of time to do it so I thought it would be fun to surprise him. I never had to mow the lawn as a child because I had brothers and a dad who always did it. I actually really enjoyed mowing and I loved seeing Justin's excitement that he didn't have to!

But even more than that, it gives you a great workout and I just feel good afterwards! If it weren't so silly, I would actually love to mow people's lawn for cash as a summer job :) The only thing I don't love is trimming. I am not good at trimming (I know it will just take practice) but more than that, we have so many spiders and the big ones start running up the fence when I start to trim, ewww! Hence, it is still Justin's job to trim unless he gets too busy and it gets to the point where I can't stand it and then just do it! Also, we have a riding lawn mower but I like the push lawn mower for the workout. Justin thinks I'm crazy to mow our huge backyard that way but it is enjoyable for me!

Just another tidbit on my life! Oh, and I mowed the lawn for the first time this year today!

7 comments:

N Godown said...

Nice! I loved mowing the lawn growing up, it seemed everyone else was too busy, so I did it! The only bad thing is that my allergies are horrible while mowing.
We are moving to Utah in a couple of weeks. We just decided on Friday. So I'm so excited that we'll be able to hang out more!

Meg said...

I used to time myself mowing the lawn and would always try to break my record. Thinking to myself: "I'm done with the backyard and 10 seconds ahead of pace, keep going." I know nerdy, but I was in track at the time. My initial goal was to get our lawn done in 45 minutes, but I couldn't stop there! My record is 38:30. My Dad didn't particularly like me running with lawn mower either . . . How do your mow your lawn with your kids, do they just come outside and play?

daisy deb said...

Fabulous...I think I got enough mowing in as a kid, being the last one home for two years!

Janelle said...

Meg, I remember you mowing the lawn and trying to beat your latest record!

I usually mow when they are napping or at least when Allie is napping. Yesterday I did it when Allie had her morning nap and Timmy came out and just played (poor kid, I forgot sunscreen and he got burned on his face and neck). I think now that Allie is older I could do it with both of them outside playing. Only time will tell!

Emily said...

I don't see any problem in you starting your own landscaping company!

Andrea Griggs said...

You're a good woman-I hate mowing the lawn. . . . ugh! :)

Andrea Griggs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.