Monday, May 4, 2009

Several updates!

There have been several things I've wanted to blog about in the last few days so here I go:

1 - My new visiting teacher came over and she is very interested in swapping kids during the day, date nights, whatever so I am super excited. She watched our kids while we out on Friday night and I'm watching her kids this Friday so her and her hubby can go out. Good stuff!

2 - On our date we went to dinner and then saw the Joseph Smith Restoration movie at the Legacy Theater. Several parts had me in tears but I still feel very sad thinking about the surgery they had to perform on his leg. I cannot imagine being a parent in those days and enduring those things. I think Joseph Smith is absolutely amazing for enduring what he did and staying so strong. After the movie is was raining as we went to our car and the rain just blended in with my tears. The surgery part was so disturbing to me that I'm not sure I want to see it again.

3 - Justin and I are in the process of booking our trip to San Francisco and Yosemite in July! I am super excited to go on a longer trip without kids and see places I've never been. I haven't been on an airplane since we moved back here 2.5 years ago and we are able to use frequent flier miles!

4 - Allison spilled water on my computer on Friday and it wouldn't turn on! I was so scared that we would have to buy a new computer and say goodbye to our trip but after letting it dry for over 24 hours, it turned on, thank goodness!

5 - I had a lot of fun shopping last week with my kids, my sister-in-law and my sister. Such fun times and fun clothes.

6 - I got my hair done with blonde highlights and I love it! When I get a picture of myself, I will post it!

Well, that's about it for now...hope you enjoyed my updates!

2 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

That's awesome-that's what we do with my visiting teaching companion and one of my old visiting teaching sisters-it's awesome. I wannasee pictures of your hair!!

Claudia said...

The surgery part was also really tough for me to watch.

I've never been to San Francisco, if you go you should SO check out the "Full House" town home.